Monday, June 17, 2013

The Concrete List

I am only going to give band reviews on bands that are currently active.  I don't see the point in telling you how great Led Zeppelin is.  You should know that already.  Now, I know Black Sabbath just released an album but do I really need to tell you about them? If you need my advice on whether to listen to Sabbath or not, then you are beyond help.  For that matter let's just go ahead and create what I am calling The Concrete List.  This list will be the bands that rise above the rest; don't need to be mentioned because if you listen to heavy metal then you already know; shit like that.

1. Black Sabbath
2. Led Zeppelin
3. AC/DC
4. Iron fucking Maiden
5. Judas fucking Priest
6. Motorhead
7. Metallica
8. Slayer
9. Megadeth
10. Anthrax
11. Mercyful Fate
12. Guns N Roses
13. Pantera (in memorium)
14. Death


You may agree with my list and you may not.  I left off some of the most legendary metal and punk bands, and I know that I did.  It's just that the above bands really don't need to be mentioned at all, and I might want to do an entire blog about Venom or Diamond Head or King Diamond (totally).  Misfits? Fuck yeah. Ramones? Yes please.  So The Concrete List is there so people don't write to me and say, "why the fuck are you talking about Lamb of God when you haven't even mentioned Angus Young yet?"  Understand?

Hail and Horns

No comments:

Post a Comment