Sunday, June 30, 2013

DevilDriver

I never listened to Coal Chamber.  In fact I didn't even know that the lead singer of DevilDriver was the same guy from Coal Chamber. And to this day, I still don't really care.  This was the first song I ever heard from DevilDriver and I was instantly hooked.  The drumming was insane, the hooks were all there, and the heaviness was intact.  You can probably tell that I love guitar melodies within my metal and DevilDriver delivers.  There are some hardcore and punk elements as well which when done correctly, really makes for good listening.  Check out ALL of their recordings; they are monsters.
DevilDriver is about to release a brand new album.  I really hope the recent Coal Chamber reunion shows didn't interfere with what has become a great American Heavy Metal band.  As I have said previously, the past 10-15 years have been great for metal in this country, and DevilDriver waves that flag proudly.


No comments:

Post a Comment