Monday, June 24, 2013

Kvelertak

I love Norway.  No, I have never been there.  No, I don't know anyone from there.  All I know is Norway (among the other Scandinavian nations) produces some of the best metal and it makes for this American's life that much better.  Today I'm talking about newcomers Kvelertak.  They just released their 2nd album and I have to say, I have no idea what any of their songs are about.  For all we know, they could be about rainbows and puppies.  Honestly, the list of lyrics I find objectionable is pretty short so I'm fairly confident I don't have to worry.  What am I talking about?  All the songs are in Norwegian!  All the song titles are in Norwegian.  But it totally works for me.  The music is a thrash/punk blend commonly referred to as D-punk named for Discharge from back in the day (check out Disfear also).  I love this style of music as it really brings out the aggression that makes punk great AND includes the musicianship that thrash requires.  Not clean vocals, but not too guttural for my non-death metal friends.  Get out there and get some Norwegian metal!
Hail and Horns



No comments:

Post a Comment